- illumiSonics Inc., and Partner PhotoMedicine Labs was featured on Microsoft Customer Stories. " illumiSonics is working to accelerate real-time, touchless laser research geared to revolutionizing medical imaging with Azure."
- illumiSonics Inc., and partner PhotoMedicine Labs was featured on Microsoft New Centre Canada: HIMSS21: Empowering a patient-centered healthcare model.
- Check out our most recent article featured in The Ophthalmologist, “Structurally Sound: How photoacoustic imaging may revolutionize ophthalmic imaging and diagnosis” featured in the subspecialties: Basic & Translational Research, Imaging & Diagnostics, Business and Innovation.
- Touchless technology could enable early detection and treatment of eye disease that cause blindness. Non contact laser imaging system designed to detect telltale signs of major blinding diseases.
- The paper "Hyperspectral Absorption Microscopy of Live Chicken Embryo Using Photoacoustic Remote Sensing," with authors Kevan Bell, Lyazzat Mukhangaliyeva, Layla Khalili and Parsin Haji Reza, is an invited talk at the European Conferences on Biomedical Optics in June 2021 in the session Advances in Microscopic Imaging.
- The review paper Towards non-contact photoacoustic imaging [review], is one of the most downloaded photoacoustics articles.
- Nikon Instruments recently highlighted the publication in scientific reports led by Professor Parsin Haji Reza and his team. Read the full story here
- "New laser imaging could precisely guide doctors during brain surgery." Researchers have take an important step in the development of a microscope to precisely guide doctors during surgery to remove brain tumors. Our newest news article featured on the University of Waterloo's - Waterloo Stories.
- Congratulations to Dr. Parsin H. Reza for receiving the Faculty of Engineering Distinguished Performance Award. This award honours outstanding, well-rounded faculty members. Winners are those with exceptional overall merit ratings, who have also made some significant contribution through their research, teaching, or service. Each department offers awards for distinguished performance, with input from the dean and from the Academic Policy Committee.
- Our team at the PhotoMedicine Labs for the first time reported label-free, non-contact, in-vivo ophthalmic imaging using photoacoustic remote sensing (PARS®) microscopy. This work is the first non-contact photoacoustic imaging of ocular structures. This study laid the foundation for future non-contact and non-invasive quantitative imaging of the sO2 and MRO2 in the ocular vasculature and also measuring the distribution of the pigments in the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) layer, which are critical for the research and clinical diagnosis of ocular diseases. https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2009/2009.06088.pdf
- Our paper "Deep non-contact photoacoustic initial pressure imaging" is one of the top downloaded papers in the field of Biophotonics over the last two years from Optica.
- Our paper "All-optical Reflection-mode Microscopic Histology of Unstained Human Tissues" presented by graduate student Saad Abbasi at the 2020 OSA Biophotonics Congress: Biomedical Optics has been awarded the OSA Student Paper Award. Read more here.
- New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) awarded to SYDE Professor Parsin H. Reza and PhotoMedicine Labs. This research fund awards $46.3 million for Exploration projects that push research boundaries in Canada. Read more here.
- Dr. Parsin H. Reza will be giving an invited talk at the 42nd Annual Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society in the Special Topics category of Advanced Optimal Imaging session. His talk will be on the recent progress on development and pioneering of PARS® virtual histology. The Conference will be held July 20-24, 2020 via the EMBS Virtual Academy.
- Our paper in collaboration with illumiSonics Inc., has been nominated as an award finalist for the Best Paper Award by OSA Biophotonics Congress: Biomedical Optics.
- Our news story "UW researchers develop imaging technology that could ‘revolutionize’ cancer surgery" that was featured on CTV News has reached 12 million hits internationally and has been translated in several different countries. https://lnkd.in/ewkB8nT
- Professor Parsin featured in the weal (Waterloo Engineering Alumni Letter) magazine, October 2019 issue in the featured story: Ones to Watch: Seven researchers to keep an eye on as their soaring achievements continue to shake things up.
- New breakthrough in the Department of Systems Design Engineering has been highlighted in several news agencies.
- Our current publication “All-optical Reflection-mode Microscopic Histology of Unstained Human Tissues” Scientific Reports 9, 13392 (2019) is in the top 5% of all research outputs ever tracked by Altmetric. Altmetric has tracked 13,528,047 research outputs across all sources so far.
- Our recent discovery " new imaging technology could ‘revolutionize’ cancer surgery "has been highlighted at: CTVnews, Uwaterloo news, The Engineer, NCYT, The Medical News, MedicalXpress, ecancer, Scitech Daily, Pourquoi Docteur, ENN, PanARMENIAN, infowares, idigitalhealth, Exchange Magazine, Mindzilla, Ivao and many more...
- Congratulations to Saad Abbasi for his new publication at Scientific Reports: “All-optical Reflection-mode Microscopic Histology of Unstained Human Tissues” Scientific Reports 9, 13392 (2019)
- Dr. Haji Reza is serving as Program Committee for the Optical Tomography and Spectroscopy (OT&S). OSA Biomedical Optics Congress, 20-23 April 2020, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
- PhotoMedicine Labs- Imaging lab was launched.
- PhotoMedicine Labs awarded $420K from Mitacs Accelerate Program in collaboration with illumiSonics Inc.
- Dr. Haji Reza received John R. Evans Leaders Fund (CFI-JELF) grant for developing a a new form of microscopy called Histological Photoacoustic Remote Sensing (hPARS®) microscopy.
- Dr. Haji Reza is giving a cutting-edge research presentation exclusively for Systems Design Engineering alumni.
- PhotoMedicine Labs received CBB seed funding.
- Dr. Haji Reza nominated from the University of Waterloo for the John Charles Polanyi Prizes in physics
- PhotoMedicine Labs research and technology development at the University of Waterloo is finding its way into silicon valley
- Professor Donna Strickland from the University of Waterloo is the Canada's newest Nobel Prize winner. Great news for the University of Waterloo and the field of optics!
- PhotoMedicine Labs - our work is highlighted in SYDE news.
- Parsin H. Reza - Presider at the European Conferences of Biomedical Optics (ECBO) 2017, Novel Systems session, SPIE & OSA, Munich Germany (June 2017).
- Parsin H. Reza- Invited talk at the 2017 Alberta Imaging Symposium, University of Calgary.
- “When pressure meets light: detecting the photoacoustic effect at the origin”, by Junjie Yao, News and Views, Nature’s Light: Science & Applications (2017) 6, e17062; doi:10.1038/lsa.2017.62
- Parsin H. Reza, et. al., Nature’s Light: Science & Applications (2017) 6, e16278; doi: 10.1038/lsa.2016.278 was the most downloaded article in the LSA website (June 2017).
- Parsin H. Reza- Invited presentation at the 2017 European Conferences on Biomedical Optics (ECBO) meeting ,SPIE & OSA, Munich Germany (June 2017).
- PARS® microscopy, is highlighted in University of Alberta Alumni magazine.
- PARS® microscopy, is highlighted in Global news:" University of Alberta researchers develop new way to view tumours” http://globalnews.ca/video/3216999/university-of-alberta-researchers-develop-new-way-to-view-tumours
- PARS® microscopy, is highlighted in UofA news:"Breakthrough technology illuminates early tumour development" http://www.engineering.ualberta.ca/NewsEvents/Engineering%20News/2017/January/Breakthroughtechnologyilluminatesearlytumourdevelopment.aspx
- PARS® microscopy, is selected to present at the Hot Topics and Latest Result Session, (Photonics west 2016, BIOS, Photons Plus Ultrasound: Imaging and Sensing).
- Parsin H. Reza- Opening keynote speaker of Sixth Annual Graduate Research Symposium at the University of Alberta (July 2015) - a motivational talk (TED style).
- Parsin H. Reza as the CEO of illumiSonics Inc. has been selected as top 18 semi-finalists in 2015 business-pitch competition by SPIE
- Parsin H. Reza as the CEO of illumiSonics Inc. has been selected to showcase at HealthKick 2015 as one of Canada’s top start-up health companies.
- Parsin H. Reza et al. "Glancing angle deposited nanostructured film Fabry-Perot etalons for optical detection of ultrasound," has been highlighted as a key scientific Article contributing to excellence in engineering scientific and industrial research by Advances in Engineering (2014).
- Parsin H. Reza- Elected as the president of The ECE Graduate Students' Association 2012-2013 (400 students)
- Parsin H. Reza - Dean List, Multimedia University, Malaysia 2010.